The wine shop has a collection of ca. 2000 labels af the best Italian and foreign wines with prices that range from five Euro to some thousands of Euro. All these products were researched and selected by Ghino in view of several year of experience. Besided the wine is also ample collection of spirits, Cognac, Armagnac, fruit spirits and a wide selection of extra virgin olive oil.
There are only a few wineries in Tuscany, but also in Italy, where you can get all the best wines of the world.
He is wise when he drinks well:
Who does not know how to drink, knows nothing.
Nicolas Boileau (1636 – 1711)
- The Sassicaia of all the vintages (and not only normal bottles but also the magnum ones)
- The Brunello of the best vintages and the best wineries
- All the indiscoverable Bordeaux of the entire collection starting from the “Rothschild” /with painted labels annual newly designed by famous artists) to “Chateau Lafite”.
- The Champagne Gran Cru 100% that exist only in small quantities. The grapes are produced in the heart of the region (like e.g. the “Chateau du Mesnil”, that is imported only in a few bottles to Italy.
- The Solaia from the vintage ’97 that was promoted as world’s best wine of the year 2000.
Bottles of this level are practically not available on the market and you have to search them either at the origin or do a lot a travelling for wineries and castles and conquer the confidence of the producer. If you would like to find for example a bottle of “Chateau Mounton Rothschild” with a label designed by Picasso, Mirò or Andy Warhol, you might find it in Paris at “Fouchon” or drink it in New York at “Le Cinque” (where it will probably not cost less than $5.000).
But strangely, you find this bottle also in a show case of Ghino’s wine shop.